The Normandy Park Economic Development Committee
The EDC is a City Council sanctioned committee. Read Council-approved EDC ordinance. Membership is open to the public and consists of more than 80 business and commercial property owners, residents, City staff, representatives from non-profits, and council members.
The committee selects a chair and vice-chair at the first January meeting.
- 2017 Chair: Susan West
- 2017 Vice-Chair: Gerry Osgood
The EDC was developed at the request of resident George Buley at the May 8, 2012 Normandy Park City Council Meeting. Former Mayor Susan West, volunteered to chair the group. Since then, the group has met over 150 times and has generated ideas for attracting new businesses and advocating on behalf of our current business community through promotion of Normandy Park’s unique local character, which makes it an attractive place to live, visit, play and shop. Our Mission is to be a community-minded committee that attracts and enhances new and existing local businesses.
Benefits Of EDC Membership:
- Network with business, City leaders, local non-profits and residents
- Volunteer, sponsor and promote community-wide events
- Participate in shaping Normandy Park’s economic health and future
- Participate in development of branding, marketing and public relations materials
- Receive branding, marketing and public relations materials
- Attend business open houses and speaking engagements that focus on business development and economic issues facing Normandy Park
- Receive weekly EDC meeting minutes to stay update to date
- Businesses in Normandy Park
- Business License Application
- Community Development Documents
- Current business development projects
- EDC 2015 Ordinance
- Manhattan Village Redevelopment Plan
- Ten reasons to Shop the Park
Message From The Normandy Park Mayor
Current Mayor Jonathan Chicquette – 2016
The concepts the EDC membership develop are an inspiration of optimism. Our future—as a city—rest within the citizenry and their tireless efforts to sow, grow and nurture Normandy Park’s future position of sustainable revenue.
Former Mayor Susan West And EDC Chair – 2015
The Normandy Park Economic Development Committee is a vital and inspiring group of residents and business leaders who believe in Normandy Park’s future and economic health. I’m honored to be a part of this group of dedicated volunteers who work together to build community, spirit and economic well-being.
Former Mayor Clarke Brant – 2012
This is an overdue effort that has numerous business owners and community leaders who are excited to produce results benefiting our community and its businesses. We welcome your ideas and any efforts to create a healthy, vibrant business community for our two Normandy Park business centers which will invigorate the whole community. Hope to see you at our upcoming meetings.